6.04.2012

vegas weekend

It's been a while since I've been to Las Vegas. Seeing it on TV and hearing about it from friends on FB has had me itching to go...for the longest time. Camille and I have never been apart for more than 36 hours, so a fun trip to Sin City never really crossed our minds.
The last time I was there, was for a couple work related boondoggles functions in 2008. And before that was for a few bachelorette parties in 2005- my own & Christel's.  
Luckily G & C coordinated a trip to Vegas to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, ending my drought. We couldn't (and wouldn't!) miss it- 10 years of marriage is an amazing milestone.

If having your vows renewed by Elvis at Graceland Chapel is any indication of a good time, sign me up! It was a blast! It was a fun, witty, unforgettable and a very moving (haha!) ceremony that Elvis himself presided. The King even had some funny lines that incorporated various hit songs from his heydays. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to snap pictures in the chapel so this is what I have.
 
The lovely couple and the "flower girl".
 
We did a reception dinner at Spice Market Buffet in Planet Hollywood and Camille was in heaven with a helping of  this oversized cotton candy.
 
In an attempt to do something different and more "family oriented" while in Vegas, we headed a little east and visited the Hoover Dam the following day. It was a nice site to visit and something to cross off the bucket list, but to make it really count we probably need to revisit it again and actually do a tour. We barely left the car- only to take pictures. It was hotter than sh*t and we had Cloie with us. (Did I mention the doogies made the trip with us?)  We couldn't leave her in the car and poor Cloie, she set paws on the asphalt and jumped right back into the car. It was THAT hot!



The trip to the dam didn't last very long for obvious reasons, so we headed somewhere more comfortable and enjoyable- the Fashion Show Mall...that was more like it!
When we met up with the rest of the gang, we decided to try out Serendipity 3 at Caesars Palace. Apparently there are two other locations in New York City. I've never been and never attempted because I've heard the wait to get a table can sometimes be as long as two hours.
Ever since I watched the movie Serendipty in 2001, that became one of my favorite movies ever and I always wanted to visit the place I always thought was so magical.
Well, we braved the hour long wait here in Las Vegas and killed some time having drinks at the neighboring bar and having Camille pose in front with all the fun shaped topiary trees.

One of my favorite poses! LOL!



The food was pretty good, but this is what we really came here for... frozen hot chocolate.

We caught a light show at the Bellagio and called it a night.
No late night/all night partying for us, and no gambling either. To me, it didn't feel right to leave Camille in the hotel room with Grandma and Grandpa... or have I officially become that old lady comfy & settled to stay in for the evening by 9pm? What a scary thought. Not the typical Vegas trip that you hear of , but I am more fun than that.
Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment