5.21.2012

bridge run

Our 2nd family fun run!
The 1st family run was on Father Joe's Thanksgiving 5K Run/Walk in 2009.
Almost three years later, here we are doing another fun run together:
 
Both runs are definitely San Diego must-do events and both are worth the sights walking through it.
But that's the thing...walking is the operative word. We had no choice but to walk, not run. :(

Reason #1...being that we had to start in the back since we had a stroller
Reason #2...because it was jammed packed. So packed that it was nearly impossible to weave through the crowds. Even the most remote chance of finding a hole and running past the walkers would only bring us among another hoard of people.
It kind of took the fun out of the run, pun intended.
Especially when you just want to finish the run and get on your way.
But nonetheless, I shouldn't be bitchin' about this because like I said...it's a SD must-do event and I need to appreciate the things I wouldn't normally do in this amazing city.
 
This 4 miler started at the new San Diego Hilton hotel, took us through Chicano Park, over the Coronado Bridge, then under the Bridge and ending at Tidelands Park.
 
See the crowd funnelling onto the bridge? Ugh!
 
 
I saw this during the walk. It's all in good fun, but I just don't get the tutu thing when running a race.
Just run.
 
Walking across the bridge! Camille was asleep the whole time.
 How often can you walk across the Coronado Bridge and take in the beautiful SD skyline?
 
And here is our family shot after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment