7.01.2013

JULY catch up

It's July, which basically means we are half way through the year! Can you believe it?

This means my little girl turns 4 real soon, my hubby is turning another year older, summer is in full swing, lots of upcoming beach, pool and outdoor time and it's going to get hot up in here. Hello Summer!

It's been a few months since I've been here and not a lot of changes, but a lot going on. With pre-school ending at the beginning of June, that brought on the end of the first swim session and dance classes on Saturdays. 

It was the first time CJ has ever been in swim lessons, but because of her love for swimming pools and water, it was no problem for her adjusting to learning and actual instructions. Today she starts swim lessons again for 2 weeks straight, and we hope the consistency helps the learning curve. 

The dance recital took place last weekend and I had no idea how hectic of a day that would be. But at the end of the day it was all worth it! Seeing my little girl on stage pulling off dance moves that she has practiced over the last few weeks couldn't make me more proud. Her class was assigned "Circle of Life" from the Lion King movie, so their outfits were to die for. Nude, long sleeve leotard, nude tights, brown tutu, lion ears made on a headband and a tail to attach to the tutu. The proud mom in me yelled her name while on stage and she stopped in her tracks to look for me and waved at us. A typical 4 year old ballerina moment... and that was my typical (Lion) Mom Pride moment, I just had to. :)


We have been hustling and bustling at work, which is a good thing. Balance between life at home and life at work is not an easy task, but I'm managing. Six months from now will be the good life. I put a hold on my barre classes since I'm training for a half marathon this August, and although I miss it training is more important than pulsing and plies right now. Most running days are great once I get past that 1st mile, but this heat will not be helpful. I just need to suck it up and get it done. In line with my training schedule, my long runs are approaching fast- pray for me!

Lots of party/get together planning over the next two months, but who am I kidding? This will be never-ending! I am looking forward to a fun summer filled with lots of relaxing, BBQ's, beach, pool & sun time, running highs (and lows) and quality time with family and friends. 

Thanks for visiting, I promise I will be back soon and more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment