3.26.2012

chocolate 15K run

Yum, chocolate!
But it was not the reason I ran this race. I needed some reassurance that this out-of-shape body can still run.
I need to know that I still had that in me. And though it wasn't the greatest results, I did it!

The last time I ran anything close to a 15K, was last year. 
Hazel, Glen & I ran the Earth Day 10K in Carlsbad.
Before that was Carlsbad's half marathon in 2008.

For this race, I complained a ton before the race about not being able to train much.
And honestly my training schedule (for running) sucked.
Here is how it went:
6 weeks of Insanity, 5-6 times a week
5 weeks of 2-3 miles of running, 1 time a week
1 five mile run with Glen and Cloie at the lake the week before the race.

My time: 1:48:51
Not great, but not bad...considering the lack of training.
But I owe it all to Insanity! That is what kept my endurance going. Thanks Shaun T, awwwh yeeeh!

The hills sucked- the gradual hills are always challenging, a slow torture. We hit that between 2-4 miles and it was rough, I found myself stopping to walk a few times. 
And the damn hill at mile 6.5 was ridiculous, there was not one person running up it. I hated that hill so much I had to run up the last part of it, just to get it over with and out of the way.
At mile 8 to the end, it was easy...yet hard at the same time.
Knowing that I was so close to the finish line made me want to stop. Although seeing the finish line made me run faster, and also made me want to beat the annoying gal that kept passing me through out the run. :)

After all the complaining and a year long running hiatus, it felt great to put that one down in the books.
I'm ready for my next race. 

April 29!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing your run! =)

    ReplyDelete