5.18.2012

best. day. ever.

Treating a Satuday or Sunday as a "normal workday"- as in getting up at 5am and out the door by 6:30- is such a tall task and we are always off by a half hour or so. That's usually our routine when we make plans to go to Disneyland, which was where we were heading Mother's Day morning.

As always, driving into the Downtown Disney's parking lot gives me anxiety.
Seeing the lot filling up, families getting out of their cars and packing up to head off to the same destination as us makes me feel like I'm going to miss out on something.
But who am I kidding, Disneyland is always crowded and its not going anywhere.
And yes, we park at downtown Disney because spending $20 to park in the main Disneyland lots for a few hours isn't worth it. I hate taking the tram/shuttle to the front gate anyway; it takes way too long and walking through Downtown Disney isn't too bad either (other than people-dodging).

Feeling a bit lazy, as well as anxious to just get to the park already, we took the monorail in.
And what a great decision that was! It took us straight into Tomorrow Land and passing through the park only heightened Camille's excitement. So cute, I love it!

First stop: Alice in Wonderland
For the past few days, she kept talking about how she wanted to ride it, and she has never watched the movie, so how she even knew about Alice is beyond me.

Second attraction: Autotopia
Again, Camille's choice.
Inhaling deisel fumes is not fun. We didn't have a long wait, but imagine a hot day in those long lines. ugh!

Next stop: Buzz Light Year
We seem to breeze through that line every time we are at Disneyland.
And Camille loves it. Afterall, Toy Story 3 is her first love.

Next up: Disneyland Railroad
Glen waitied in line at the Princess Fantasy Faire (lol) thinking it would take forever, as it normally does. So at an attempt to kill time and to get on any ride with out waiting in line, I pulled Camille rather abruptly from the Princess Fantasy Faire and that was not a good idea. She didn't throw a fit, but it was the very first time she acted out and voiced her anger with me. I felt a little lonely on the train ride, as she ignored me, scooted away from me and even pushed me to move further away from her.
Kind of funny and hurtful at the same time, but I got over it.
A good ride to get from one end of the park to another, I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time I'm feeling lazy.

Last attraction of the day: Princess Fantasy Faire
Turns out, the train took longer than Glen waiting in line and he was at the front of the line for 20 minutes, waiting for us. So imagine her excitement as we got off the train and went straight to the front of the line for PFF. She got to meet Ariel (again), Mulan (yaaay!) and Jasmine (again). Mulan was definitely the highlight and even though she met the other two she was still over the moon. So darn priceless!

We've never packed in so many attractions in a small amount of time, but it was impeccable timing.
Lunch was at the Refreshment Corner and we headed home shortly after that.
Everyone was more than happy with this Disneyland visit and Camille was knocked out in her stroller as soon as we started walking through Downtown Disney.

Our day was not yet over.

We got home at a reasonable time and still made it to my mom's house for a Mother's Day bbq with everyone. Mama can bbq like no other, or at least marinade like no other, and it was a perfect meal to end the day. Not to mention the the delectable cake from Extraordinary Deserts that my mom, my sisters and I were treated to.
 This was the best Mother's Day yet, and I hope you enjoyed it just as much.
It was truly a wonderful day spent with those near and dear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment