2.22.2012

40 days

Do you remember this movie?
40 Days & 40 Nights
An oldie, but goodie!

I'm a little ashamed to admit that we haven't been going to mass regularly, but for valid reasons. Although, our excuses for not going could barely be counted as excuses.

Bad Catholic.

Camille and I went to mass tonight to kick off the Lenten season.
To somewhat validate our reasons for not going to church regularly, tonight was a good example.

Not staying still; but I can't blame her, she is only 2 years old.
Pointing at everyone with her finger; she is at the "who's that?" stage. Maybe it's not a "stage" that toddlers go through, maybe she is just nosey?!
Singing Little Mermaid in between readings and songs: ahhhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhhh! Funny, but omg!
Wanting to blow out the "birthday candles" on the altar: umm, my dear Camille, those are not birthday candles. We've been attending too many birthday parties. Again, funny...


My challenge is to start going to mass regularly despite the above mentioned antics.
I can only hope that it will get better, but I have a feeling I'll be adding more to the list.

Happy Lenten Season, fellow Catholics!

No comments:

Post a Comment