10.12.2012

Big Isle: day 2

Aloha & Good Morning!
Thanks to this great thing they call Time Zones, I was up at 4am local time. If yesterday wasn't such a taxing day of travel and hassle and unhealthy eating, I would've been up at 3am.
Daddy Glen & Camille got some good sleep and woke up 2 hours later. Good for them!
Our first stop for our 1st full day was big breakfast at Dave's Coffee Shack, a local hole in the wall (not too bad of a hole, though) that was highly recommended from sissy's August trip to the Big Isle.
No pics of the food unfortunately- it would've been worth the effort to dirty my hands with the filthy iPhone and snap a shot. I guess our hunger got the best of us and we just dug in!
 
Normally on vacation we hit the beach, but the pool looked so inviting. And this particular pool became her favorite place at the hotel. Of course...sand bottom pool shallow enough for her to wade in without the wings. The look on her face shows how much she loves it!
 
We decided to try out the snow cone shave ice hut that was parked on the beach adjacent to our hotel. This picture is cute, but don't be fooled by the imitators.
Not too hot about the beach either; Camille couldn't build any dirt sand castles.
I couldn't believe it myself, but we spent most of the day at the resort, with the exception of walking to the King's & Queen's Marketplace to kill a little time. We will surely be regulars over there!
 
This picture was posted already, but I'll post it again.
Our first beautiful sunset on the Big Island.
Stunning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment