10.17.2012

Big Isle: day 7

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by. Day 7, already?
I will admit that I had a lingering homesick feeling for a bit, but it soon passed when we got upgraded to an ocean view room. Leaving the lanai door opened in the evening was a nice change to get fresh air, rather than the recirculating cool air. But leaving the door opened didn't help our cause when a neighboring room would come out on their lanai and smoke a cig. 
WTF people, it's a non smoking hotel.
So we mentioned it to the front desk and boom, upgrade! 3 days too late, but oh well.
The room was a breath of fresh air...pun intended!
This is the view from the lanai of our upgraded room. Sweet!
Today was beach day once again!

So we packed up fruit, POG, water and a few snacks that we had laying around and headed out to our fav BI beach, Mauna Kea. Based on our planning for the last few days, this was going to be our last day at the beach and we made the most of it.
The sun was out most of the time we were there, and even though the cloud cover came in, we stayed for a bit longer. Just hanging on to that little piece of time on the beach.
Daddy & Camille had fun making sand castles and practicing soccer zig zags.
POG monster, she couldn't get enough.


If my iPhone wasn't in my hands, it was my camera shooting away and documenting our last few days in paradise.
So sad! :(
Have I failed to mention that it was my birthday today? I guess not. :)
When that day comes around once a year, I don't typically play it up. There has a been a year or two when the work calendar missed my birthday, it slipped by with the team and I was relieved.
What's important to me is spending the day with my husband and girls. We can have a meal from our favorite taco shop, ice cream from Rite Aid and watch Tinker Bell at home and I would be totally fine with that. And though that would be perfect, today was slightly different spending a gorgeous and fun day at the beach, dinner at Roy's with their signature molten lava cake... and all in Hawai'i.
Best. Day. Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment