3.08.2013

all things Disney


With two weeks left on our Disneyland annual passes, we were scrambling to find the perfect time to visit The Happiest Place on Earth. On Friday we decided to pack up and spend the 2nd half of the day there and catch the fireworks show. After having our passes for a year, it's kind of funny how we did a few different things this time.

- Contrary to a previous post, we parked in the structure and took the tram into Downtown Disney.
- We stood in line (less than 25 minutes) for the Jungle Cruise.
- We all rode the Go Gadget Roller Coaster in Toon Town a few times.
- We walked through Tarzan’s Tree House.
- We ate a candied apple from Pooh’s Corner Bakery, which wasn’t that great and also disappointing because they don’t cut it for you. L
- We got a closer view of the fireworks show, which meant fighting the crowds. But it was worth it.

And after a long day at the park, we headed home. Yes, at 10:30pm and I took the wheel. That was tough, next time we crash at sister’s place!

I rolled out of bed Saturday morning and went to barre class. I don’t know how I did it after that tiring drive home, but I did! And I don’t know what came over us, but we were determined to get to the Fashion Valley Disney Store to find some highly coveted Sofia the First items. While waiting in line for the store to open, I suddenly felt like we were in a Princess line at Disneyland. Since we were first to arrive, Camille got to turn the giant lock to open the Disney store. It was ultimately the coolest thing for her to do. If you ever get a chance to do that while your kid is still “a kid”, you must! They give an exclusive Disney key to keep as a souvenir, but the entire experience itself is unforgettable and will be with them forever.
kids were envious of Camille, lucky girl!
 We weren’t quite finished being Disney losers, as we headed back up to Anaheim early Sunday morning. I was surprised to find us in the park 15 minutes after they opened. That has never happened all year (again) being pass holders and I wish we had been more on top of it. I guess being pass holders come with a much less urgency to get to the park. It was awesome though… characters were everyone at the front of Main Street for photo ops. We waited 5 minutes, I repeat 5 MINUTES(!), at Pixie Hollow, 10 minutes in the Princess line and a host of other attractions were easy to get on throughout the morning since we got there early. We treated ourselves to Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets and mint juleps- again, never have done that all year. LOL! It was so much fun, and how sad is it that this was our last day until the fall?

I’ve had enough Disney for a while, and this post is proof of what fanatics we were this weekend. It’s okay for Camille to be a fanatic, but us? Well- we do it ALL for her, so we get a pass. J While I’m certain we will get the Disney blues in a few weeks I think we will be okay staying local and visiting the animals at the zoo, hitting the beach this summer and keeping busy at my sister’s pools.

Disney overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment