3.15.2013

our weekends

I love my weekends!

How I wish they were longer so that I can fit in all my errands, my workouts, my chores and spend more time with my family and friends. We do what we can to make the most of it, so I was so happy when Barre added a 7am class on Saturdays. What a great way to make use of dead time! Not only am I getting my work out done, but I come home energized and start making big breakfast- one of the things we can never do on the weekdays as a family. Bacon, eggs, fried rice, toast or croissants, and of course coffee... morning coffee on the weekends are the BEST! For a while, hubs was making trips down the street to grab donut holes and old fashion donuts at the best donut shop ever. Coming home to sweet and sugary deliciousness after a rigorous work out wasn't ideal; I had to put a stop to that dangerous weekend tradition.

Fortunately we haven't been too busy with much, so our weekends have consisted of last minute, short trips to random local places. We checked out another part of Balboa Park and I wasn't in the mood to lug my camera around, so no great shots. Originally I wanted to spend some time in one of the museums, being that it was February and most, if not all, museums were 1/2 off admissions (museum month). But I was dragging myself around the Park as it was, I didn't want to pay admission and have to leave after 15 minutes. Those early morning barre classes have been catching up to me by mid-day.
Balboa Park, by the rose garden
rock climbing
Another weekend was spent in the East Village. This was the 3rd year going to Padres Fan Fest and although it wasn't that great of a turn out, it was a good time. We hung out on the field, something that can rarely be done and I chased the little girl around to try and tire her out. We waited in line to get a cheesy Hello Kitty painted on her face that I probably could've painted better. And we strolled through the park a bit before having dinner at Basic Kitchen- my favorite!
this location would be nice season ticket seats
Our first weekend in March was ruled by Disneyland. We drove out on a Friday afternoon and stayed until 10 and went home. Early the following day, we were the first to arrive at the Disney store which gave Camille the opportunity to turn and unlock the big Disney lock with the big Disney key. Did you know about this little event that they hold? My sis had done this a few times and I didn't realize what big deal this is. After Camille turned the key to unlock the store with a nice applause to follow, it sent a little girl in a tantrum wanting to unlock it. Sorry, sweetie! THEN on Sunday morning, we headed back up to Disneyland to spend the first half of the day there. I'll save that weekend for another post, but we were certainly Disneyed out.
on the tram heading towards Disneyland
the key to unlock the Disney store
Hazel and I ran a 5K race in Solana Beach that was pretty fun. The gunshot start was a little wild & chaotic- overly excited dogs, people stumbling and tripping on leashes, etc... And since it was a race to support the Helen Woodward Animal Center, Cloie got to run with me. Last weekend we ran another 5K and did pretty well. It was a fairly easy course but going forward I now have a new PR to beat. Sweet! That race has given me the run bug and I'm seriously considering a half marathon in a short six weeks. Future blog posts about those two 5Ks coming up.

With birthdays galore coming up I know for certain there will be a lot to talk about in the next few weeks. And there you have it, my weekends. Summarized in a few short paragraphs.
And guess what? It's Friday...the weekend is here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment