8.04.2014

August

Every year, August is a month that I brace myself for, so the past weekend was only a taste of what's in store for the coming days. I celebrated two big birthdays, for people who are near and dear to me. And the celebrations couldn't have been more extreme opposites. Clearly, I was cabana hopping!

Cruzie's birthday was spent at the Legoland Hotel--- the first half at the pool in the rain with minimal crowds (looks like the rain scared people off) and the other half in the hotel lobby with hundreds of kids running around being supervised by adults with alcoholic beverages in hand. Mandatory. The rain didn't stop the kids from having a blast in the pool and nor did it deter us from having the normal lunch & cake cutting under the two reserved cabanas. I'm so happy that the gloom and sprinkles didn't ruin Cruzie's 5th birthday. The show must go on...

My bff's birthday is later this week but on Sunday her hubby and friend planned a day under the cabana (another cabana!) at the Rancho Bernardo Inn for all her lady friends. The lunch spread was delicious and perfect for the hot muggy day that it was. We were able to stay cool with cucumber infused water and margaritas from the bar. While most of the ladies got a spa treatment done before lunch and came prepared to hang out poolside, I simply dipped my feet in and sipped on my margarita. Ahhhh, this is the life...
Happy Birthday Cruz & Cathy, more celebrations to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment