8.29.2012

freebies

Of all the photo sharing websites online, my go-to source is Shutterfly. I've ordered photos, books and cards from them and have always been happy with the end product.
In the last week I came across two Shutterfly promotions- one for a free magnet and another for a free mug. Of course if free stuff presents itself to me, I can't pass it up. I wouldn't normally buy a personalized magnet or mug, but once again, why not if I can get it for free, right?
 
So I just placed my order and observed a few things that I wanted to point out:
Ordering stuff via Shutterfly takes some time. In fact, you should probably do it in a quiet place, free of distractions. Trying to pick a few photos from thousands of photos is a tall task.
 
Shipping fluctuates depending on what you get and ultimately it seems like you are paying more for shipping because you are getting stuff for free.
 
I paid $10+ shipping for two free items that would normally be $20+.
Nonetheless my order is in and I'll be receiving my magnet and mug in a few days so we shall see.
The hassle and time it took from start to finish makes me wonder if it was worth it.
 
Do you question promo deals like what I just went through?

No comments:

Post a Comment