Tomorrow will mark the end of my discounted, month long trial at Xtend Barre.
I blogged about my first experience here.
And after a few weeks of amplified dance and pilates... SOLD! I'm such an easy sell, it's pathetic!
With the experience I had in this barre class, I can honestly say I really do like this type of exercise.
The work outs are not too strenuous- it incorporates enough cardio at a reasonable pace and the warm up, cool down, arm, leg and ab segments are apportioned evenly.
In addition to a manageable work out, the following points are favorable:
In addition to a manageable work out, the following points are favorable:
Proximity to our home- 2 minutes
Teachers- a big fan of Summer
The set up & style of the studio- nice sized studio painted in light blue walls
Lobby area- obsessed with the very cute, but very expensive workout clothes that I would eye out every single time I entered the studio.
Teachers- a big fan of Summer
The set up & style of the studio- nice sized studio painted in light blue walls
Lobby area- obsessed with the very cute, but very expensive workout clothes that I would eye out every single time I entered the studio.
My main gripe is that these places are very pricey!!!
And really, working out in a studio vs. at home, watching a monotonous video is a major disparity.
Admittedly, I bought the work out video Xtend Barre at Target and the work out is pretty dead on.
Bought some 1 pounders, I just don't have a bar built into my bedroom wall.
The upshot:
I love it, sign me up...but not just yet!
I want my "monthly dues" to be worth every last penny. Thus, requiring me to go to class 4-5 times a week. I gotta a whole lot coming up, so allow me to get through a few months.
In the meantime, I'll cheat and use my handy dvd and throw in some runs.
But I recommend it and would love to have a buddy to go with me.
Interested?
And really, working out in a studio vs. at home, watching a monotonous video is a major disparity.
Admittedly, I bought the work out video Xtend Barre at Target and the work out is pretty dead on.
Bought some 1 pounders, I just don't have a bar built into my bedroom wall.
The upshot:
I love it, sign me up...but not just yet!
I want my "monthly dues" to be worth every last penny. Thus, requiring me to go to class 4-5 times a week. I gotta a whole lot coming up, so allow me to get through a few months.
In the meantime, I'll cheat and use my handy dvd and throw in some runs.
But I recommend it and would love to have a buddy to go with me.
Interested?

No comments:
Post a Comment