Another fun weekend to go down in the books.
Wouldn't it be nice if ALL weekends were like that?
Friday was the quintessential girls night out. But the funny thing is, we didn't really go out - out. We planned all week like we were going out on the town, when really... it was about an hour of happy hour (and that is NEVER enough time when ladies get together), followed by a two hour showing of the movie Magic Mike. Which by the way, is lined up with some pretty awful acting.
But the fun was all during the dance scenes of course, with lots of giggling.
The men performed pretty darn well and they looked amazing.
The men performed pretty darn well and they looked amazing.
Christel, Nova, Angie, Michelle, Cathy and I all enjoyed getting together to watch it.
Oh my gosh, so cheesy, but wow... !
Oh my gosh, so cheesy, but wow... !
Saturday morning soccer was a success and the kids seem to be enjoying it and "getting it" more and more with each passing week. The muddy and slimy fields were a good source of entertainment for us parents along the sidelines, witnessing lots of falls, slips and dirty bottoms. Poor kiddos!
We spent the later part of the day out in Coronado and let the kids play on the sand and (kinda) in the water. The water was bone-chilling cold, but lucky for me, my little one won't even step foot in the water. Maybe a toe, but not a foot! Glen and I are hoping that changes soon, especially with our upcoming Hawaii trip this fall. Heck, we even picked up the Disney movie LILO & STITCH at target this weekend to sway her dislike for the water.
Side note: Here is CJ & I at Cali Disney in 2009 when Camille was 9 months.
Side note: Here is CJ & I at Cali Disney in 2009 when Camille was 9 months.
It was a gorgeous day and even more gorgeous spending it in Coronado during the best part of the day, where the heat wasn't beating down on us and the lighting was beautiful. It really made us feel like we were on a nice beach vacation (Maui, perhaps?) and not in San Diego.
With all the talk about vacations, that led us to try out a new Hawaiian place that is fairly new- Chris' Ono Food. It was pretty good and located in an industrial area of Mission Gorge. I thought the location was a bit off. The food was good, but portions were a little small. I tend to think of Hawaiian food serving bigger portions, but we were probably better off.
Sunday rolled around and Camille & I took off to spend some girl time together. Not really, but that's what it felt like at first, and it ended up turning out to be that way since Glen was set out to hit the greens with the other dads (Randy, Earl & Billy).
I got her 3 year old pictures done at Picture People and used a pretty sweet coupon that I was sitting on for this very occasion. Granted the coupon was good for only one pose, it was way better than the packages they tried to sell me at $175+...not to mention, they were "specials". No thanks!
The little girl fell asleep after visiting the Disney store, so I got to cruise through a few more stores in peace and surprisingly I didn't pick up anything. We headed home and she continued to nap while I did a few chores around the house and caught up on Homeland. Yes, she napped for that long! Yessss!
Once Glen got home, we went straight to the Chinnsters and went swimming with all the cousins.
The boys got to hang out with Mama MJ and she got to endure a jelly fish sting on Konor and the lifeguard pulling Jaja out of a rip current. Ay yay yay! But it didn't stop these boys from having a good time at the beach.
All the kids & dads swam, we ate pizza and popsicles, watched the Olympics and ended the fun filled weekend with the cousins. It's so awesome to see how close all the cousins are and how much they love each other and got each other's backs. In fact, before Camille fell asleep on Saturday night, she was whining to me how much she loves her cousins and how much she missed them. It was only a hour being away from them. I love my family and family time that we spend together.
We are more than half way through, but I think summer is far from over. Yaaay for summer!
The boys got to hang out with Mama MJ and she got to endure a jelly fish sting on Konor and the lifeguard pulling Jaja out of a rip current. Ay yay yay! But it didn't stop these boys from having a good time at the beach.
We are more than half way through, but I think summer is far from over. Yaaay for summer!








No comments:
Post a Comment