7.16.2012

weekend warrior

Friday started off with Glen picking up Camille and meeting them at the ped office for Camille's 3 year well-check. And she checked out just fine. The ped is very interesting...Dr. M is very granola and gives us the same spiel at every visit, ever since Camille's 2 week visit. Even when we go in for a sick visit, it is always the same remedy. Eat salmon, take vitamin D and double up when she's sick, use honey to help the throat, go to Henry's and get this vitamin, blah, blah. I'm not knocking her medical advice, but that's the thing- it is her medical advice. Maybe it's time for a second opinion...or rather a change of docs?! Hmmm...

Because Camille was such a good girl and all kids deserve treats after a doctor's visit, we wanted to get her shave ice and ended up having an unplanned, but delicious dinner at Island Style Cafe. Followed by the said shave ice. She was one happy little lady. It took a lot out of her to share a few bites with us...and that thing is massive!

Early the next morning, we headed to her first soccer practice. Soccer at this age is completely non-competitive, or at least the league she is signed up for. So I am always correcting myself when I slip and say that she has a soccer game. She loved it, especially since her cousins are in the class with her. Yes, S & C are in the same class! The teachers are great and the kids have a blast kicking the ball around, running and slipping around. The wet fields caused all kinds of slipping and sliding throughout practice! Nothing like coming home with dirty kids.



It's a good thing I brought an extra set of clothes for her to change in. Right after soccer, it was time to get Camille's hair did. I think the hair in the face was getting to her and having to fix her unruly hair was getting to me! I've been asking her how she felt about bangs and she seemed open to it, so bangs it was! We took her to Pig Tails and Crewcuts, the place we took her to get her first haircut two years ago. That was more of a trim than a cut and you couldn't even tell. But with this bang cut, she looked like a totally different kid. My what a difference bangs makes!

Later that day, it turned out to be girls day and we met up with H & Char to have a late lunch, early dinner at the infamous Slater's 50/50. That place is insane, but it is certainly heaven for the ultimate bacon lover. Char & I split the 50/50 burger, which is basically a half ground beef and half ground bacon patty--- with a whole lot of unhealthiness to top it off. If it's that good, chances are it is that unhealthy as well. As if we couldn't get any more bacon intake, we all shared a maple bacon shake which was pretty darn good. If anyone enjoyed it, I'd say it was this little girl.

And to top off the weekend, catching an afternoon showing of Wicked at the Civic Center and grilling a delectable dinner (ahi, corn & quinoa) with my loves on the patio was how I spent my Sunday. It was a wonderful weekend full of activities to keep us on the go the entire 48+ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment