7.20.2012

wicked

 In my previous life, going to Broadway shows was a part of my regular schedule.
I made sure to see RENT three times in NYC and once in San Diego, all within 18 months.
I was such a RENT groupie - I bought the CD, E bought me the book, I used to listen and sing along to Light My Candle (word for word). E & I even did a reenactment to Out Tonight on the rooftop of one of our friend's apartment buildings in NYC- high kicks coming down the fire escape stairs.
What the hell was that?

The RENT obsession eventually fizzled and I got a life.
It has been almost eight years since I sat in a fancy theater and enjoyed a Broadway Musical.
That is until recently... 

I finally got to see Wicked!
It really was pretty wicked awesome!
I've been wanting to see this show for a while now and finally got to with Cathy & her family.
What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a group of Italian women in the beautiful Civic Theater. The seats were ehh, but I got an idea of the storyline that I was watching below. 
If I ever get the chance to go again, I know to get better seats and know it will be worth it.
 
The story is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz, and knowing that background isn't necessary but it is good info since most of the characters are interrelated.
My friend at work let me borrow the soundtrack. After listening to it for a few days I found the tunes very catchy and the scenes became real- the story all made sense while actually watching it.
And after watching the musical I, of course, became addicted to the songs and it was all I listened to for a week straight. I ended up making Cathy a copy of it and she too loves it!
 
I thoroughly enjoyed Wicked and can't wait to see it again, whenever that may be.
I promise not to paint my face green and don an all black outfit.
I'm not that obsessed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment