1.01.2013

...2012

2012 was a great year of memories to look back on and it only makes me look forward to the 2013 year. As I sit here and reflect on the past year, it's very easy to say that it was much better than the previous year. We came across a few struggles, but nothing that we could not and would not let get in the way of moving on. Life is too short and we need to live in the moment.

My goal a year ago was to keep a blog and *try* to post everyday. Of course, I fell waaaaay short of that but I did what I could. And who can blame me, I know you all have a life too. :) At least my sporadic blogging focused on some great highlights of 2012. 

Our winter trip to Mammoth in February with a big group of people helped kick off the year. 


We renewed our Disneyland passes and made many trips to see that smile on Camille's face. 
Plus she is still free, so we need to milk that as long as we can.


Birthdays come every year, but this year was the BIG year for my sis, my bro-in-law and my husband. The three of them turned 40 in March, July & August respectively and we celebrated big...at least for the OC-ers! Glen?...well he is so not being center of attention. 


This year was also a big year for G & C as they celebrated their 10 year anniversary and "forced" us to go to Vegas as they renewed their vows. 
A totally different trip to Vegas than it was before having a baby, but a fun trip nonetheless. 


My big girl started preschool last year and suddenly she was 5 years older. 
It's these very moments that make life bitter sweet. 
She loves it and seeing her happy is all I want.


My sis & Ro added to their family with a 3rd child, making it the 12th grandchild for my parents. What made it even better, it was a girl. 3 girls & 9 boys...Camille was thrilled.


Of the years we've been taking trips to the islands, we've always said we'd go to the Big Island and we never did for whatever reason. Last year we did and it was the best vacation. Ever. 
I want to go again...soon!


Runs & Xtend Barre sessions became a regular routine for me. While I didn't reach my weight goals, being active helped me feel healthier and stronger as the year passed. As I strive to reach weight goals year after year, I know I will never be a 100 lb. stick, nor would I care to be... I'm not a young twenty year old, and in my adult age I know what I want to consume and I know how I want to stay healthy & strong. Above all, I know what it takes to be happy. 


The holidays of 2012 came and went and it was the best one yet spending with family and friends. Before we know it, it will be back...and it will be even better. 

Goodbye 2012....great memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment