We are barely into the third week of January and I'm happy to say that I already "tried something new." It's not to say that I will be stopping there though. I tried out an exercise class called piloxing, that has been on my radar for a while. They offer it at the barre studio I work out at and every time I would sign up online for my normal xtend barre class, the piloxing option is always so tempting to choose.
Well last week I switched it up and signed up. There were only four gals in the class; plenty of space for me to screw up, yet a small amount of people to witness me make a fool of myself. One of the harder, yet also one of my favorite instructors was teaching the class, so I knew I was definitely going to get a good work out in. I thought I kept up pretty well for being a brand newbie, and I'm certain that if I had the gloves to complete the whole ensemble, I would be hurting even more. Yes, I was feeling it the next day!
I've been really good about attending classes 3-4 times a week the past 3 months. I can't even believe it myself. And just when I was starting to get into it, my three month member ship is coming to an end. Barre has grown on me and I think it is actually addicting...a pure adrenaline rush once the class is over. So will I be renewing? Most definitely, although I will be taking a two month break to focus on training for a March run. This is a run I haven't done yet; so another check for my resolution to "try something new!"
I'm on a roll. Ha ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment