Over the last few months, we've driven into La Jolla but spent time in the shopping area if anything. I'll give you a hint, it starts with Lululemon. :) Well the weather here in beautiful San Diego got a bit warmer, so we ventured out to La Jolla once again, but spent time more along the water. It was a gorgeous day and there were a ton of people out, which was expected. We haven't taken Camille out to see the seals that are perched out in the Children's Pool, so we did just that.
Hence the name, it was originally an area for kids to wade in, but for a while now it's been a huge ongoing issue for the community- whether that area be for the kids or the seals. The seals seem very content where they are and really, "the ocean" is their home. And with plenty of beach north and south of the Children's Pool, why not just leave them where they are. That's where I stand... but I may not be privy to all the arguments out there. Not to worry though, I'm not as passionate as others when it comes to this controversy.
You can the seals behind us in the picture below.
Hence the name, it was originally an area for kids to wade in, but for a while now it's been a huge ongoing issue for the community- whether that area be for the kids or the seals. The seals seem very content where they are and really, "the ocean" is their home. And with plenty of beach north and south of the Children's Pool, why not just leave them where they are. That's where I stand... but I may not be privy to all the arguments out there. Not to worry though, I'm not as passionate as others when it comes to this controversy.
You can the seals behind us in the picture below.
I'm glad that I brought my camera because it was a photographers dream kind-of-a-day. The water was an amazing blue hue, and the sky was clear. I'm far from a professional photographer, but I snapped some great shots of Camille while she climbed and played around a sizable tree. Cloie got some good shots in too, I only wish they could've been in the pictures together. It was awfully nice be out in the coastal open air after hours of being cooped up indoors.
What will our next outing be...hmmmm?!
(Canon pic)



No comments:
Post a Comment