Being a working mom and trying to make time for everything in a 24 hour period is tough.
Sometimes I'm able to get everything done successfully, and other times things just slide- which is fine!
I'm fortunate to have a work schedule where I don't even work an entire day. However, I do wish there were more hours/time to spend with the family. (I applaud you working moms!)
My home life with my family is what matters most and I do my best to make that QUALITY time.
Here is a typical day for the Bully household:
5:45am--- Get up and get ready for work (coffee, please!)
6:45am--- Take Camille & Cloie to Grandma's (hate leaving my babies)
7:30am--- At work and ready to start the day (blah!)
2:30pm--- Leave work, and head straight home (sometimes I leave as late as 3:00pm, which bums me out)
3:30pm--- Work out, on most days (if I don't have an errand to run after work and if I'm not lazy)
4:30pm--- Playtime! Glen and the girls are home (my favorite part of the day!)
5:30 or 6:00pm--- Make dinner or head out to grab dinner
7:30-8:00pm--- Bath time, milk and a little TV (every other night for baths)
8:45-9:30pm--- Camille falls asleep (since I put her to bed, I am sometimes down for the day, too)
10:00-12:00am--- My time! I like to try and use this time to clean or organize or jump on the computer (and shop!). But I often find myself sitting in front of the TV with Glen and use it as OUR time- watching our shows on DVR, watching the movie we rented or watching the news- woo hoo!
I can't imagine how life will be when Camille starts school and different activities. Luckily dance is on the weekends, part of the quality time we spend together as a family.
Of course, there are different variations of our day, and it will often change depending on appointments, errands, unexpected events, weather, etc... But our schedule is pretty straight forward and not too crazy and complicated as of now--- and I'm content.
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment