3.24.2012

over the anaheim hill

I thought I was far from celebrating "Over the Hill" birthdays with my family and friends, but it seems I keep inching closer and closer to it. We celebrate birthdays each year as we get older...imagine that!
I guess that's how it works, right?

I remember feeling a bit down turning 20- no more 17,18 or 19. Never mind that I was 1 year away from being legal age to drink, big deal...so over it! I was depressed putting a #2 in front of my age.
When 30 rolled around, I was at the prime of my life (at the time)...owned a condo, got engaged then married (8 months later) and celebrated being 30 with all my family and friends.
Such a big deal, I was reeling!

I'm still a little ways from turning 40 (ugh!), but having my older sis celebrate her 40th over the weekend was a simple reminder that I am not far behind.

Because I had my run early the next morning and because I would end up being the DD from OC to SD, I didn't get my"party on" with Mfe. I suppose we have many a days ahead of us to do that.
One thing is for sure, this girl partied and had a lot of fun.
Her house was packed with a lot of family and friends who wanted to welcome her into her forties.
There was plenty of food to go around, more than enough drinks to go around, and the cake was massive. It was massively delicious I might add. Susie's Cakes killed it!


Over the Anaheim Hill was a success and although it is an indication that we are getting older, it also adds to the memories that we all can share and cherish.
Happy Bday Mfe, you are no where close to looking like 40 my milf sis!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment