Last weekend I got a last minute text from some old friends saying they wanted to hang out and since we had no plans the entire weekend, we had them over for a little football and it was a good time- especially for the girls. Other than that, my Saturday consisted of barre, taking Camille to dance and a trip to Trader Joe's. From noon on Saturday to noon on Sunday, I was depriving myself (and poor Camille) of much needed vitamin D and fresh air for an entire 24 hours! I didn't leave the house once, not even to grab the mail or take Cloie out to potty. This frigid weather has brought out the chicken in me, blame it on the weather. Brrrr...
By Sunday afternoon I was tired of watching football and sitting in front of the TV, which resulted in a serious case of cabin fever. To help cure that, we all packed into the car and headed south to Balboa Park. Mind you, this is a San Diego landmark that is probably on all tourists' bucket list. And I take it for granted way too much and don't visit this place enough. There are so many new things to discover each time you visit, and how shameful is it that I was at Balboa Park for several races last year and didn't bother sticking around to enjoy the beauty and diversity of it. All the architecture, gardens, museums, walking trails and the people (!)...Balboa Park is such a wonderful place to escape to.
It seemed a lot of people had the same idea as us, and everyone we passed had a camera in their hand or strapped around their neck. It's no wonder there are so many weddings, family shoots, etc here at Balboa Park--- there are so many photo opportunities. We barely covered the park and decided to go back to the Spreckles Oregon Pavilion to sit and listen to the mini concert they were holding. Camille loved it there and we plan to come back again in the next few weeks, and also because we are finally going to purchase our San Diego Zoo passes.
This was quality time at a beautiful San Diego landmark and we look forward to coming back soon!
so nice, thank you for inspiration to enjoy our blessed city
ReplyDelete